Skip Navigation

Skip to main content

History

Since its founding as a college of music in 1962, Boyer has grown in size and scope to become a comprehensive college representing academic and artistic excellence in music and dance. Originating as a single department of music education offering vocal instruction at Temple University in 1893, the college now enrolls an average of 800 students each year, many of whom have successfully pursued professional careers in their respective fields.

In June of 2012, Boyer became part of a new Center for the Arts at Temple University.

View a summary chronological time line of Boyer’s history.

choral photo