Graduate Admissions for
Professional Studies Certificate
Professional Studies Certificate applicants submit a complete paper application and supporting materials.The checklist for the Professional Studies Certificate is listed below; please be sure to read through the additional program specific materials.
To be accepted as a Professional Studies student, the applicant must have completed a Master's degree in performance and must demonstrate a Master's exit level of performance through an audition.
The checklist for the Professional Studies Certificate is listed below.
All MUSIC materials should be mailed to:
Professional Studies Certificate Application Checklist
- Temple University paper application; there is no application fee
- Academic Transcripts - Official sealed records from each college and university previously attended, including Temple University.
- All music applicants must present credentials that are the equivalent of the Bachelor of Music degree at Temple University, which is based on a curriculum of 125 to 136 hours.
- International applicants, please see Graduate School’s regulations regarding Official Educational Documents.
- Letters of recommendation (2)
- Statement of Professional Goals
- Audition - Note: Application Deadlines, Audition Dates and Audition Requirements are the same as the M.M. programs.
- Standardized Tests (GRE or MAT) are NOT required.
- TOEFL or IELTS - See Score Reporting for Tests of Academic English for more information.