Resources for Future Teachers
At Temple, our work with preservice teachers, inservice teachers, and doctoral students is grounded in the belief that education is a primary mechanism for social mobility and social justice. We seek to conduct research and to prepare doctoral students to do research that has the potential to improve learning and teaching, especially of historically underserved populations. We also seek to provide our inservice and preservice teachers with deep understandings of research and theory that will help them become reflective practitioners who are committed to serving diverse students and to becoming educational leaders and agents of change in whatever setting they teach.
Three-components of Teacher Education at Temple
- Preparing Effective Teachers and Education Professionals
- Conducting Research and Contributing to Knowledge Base on Educational Practice
- Preparing Future Faculty and Researchers for Education
For more information, please review our Vision Statement for Initial Teacher Preparation Programs [pdf].
Information About Becoming a Teacher
As of Spring 2012, the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) is requiring that all applications for credentials be completed and submitted online via the Teacher Information Management System (TIMS): PA-TIMS.com. Paper applications are no longer being accepted and can no longer be submitted directly to Temple University for processing.
- Please visit the TIMS User Guide for Temple Students for detailed information on how to apply using TIMS.
- See also: Pennsylvania Department of Education (click on "Certification" on the left-side menu)
Web Sites and Tools