New International Student Registration
Date: January 8 - 10
All new international students are required to attend the New International Student Orientation. Due to unforeseen circumstances, if students cannot attend orientation during January 8-10, please contact Brisilda Doma.
- Mandatory immigration check-in (bring Passport, Form I-20)
- Required meeting with academic advisor for course selection
- University orientation
- Essential immigration information
- Health and safety
- Campus resources (library, writing center, tutoring)
- University life orientation (student organizations, recreational activities)
- Learn how to cross cultures successfully/adapt to the American student lifestyle
January 8 Orientation Schedule (will be updated with new schedule)
Explore Philadelphia Activities
- Shopping trips
- Philadelphia city tour
- Register for free airport pick-up (from Philadelphia International Airport/PHL) for all incoming students on January 6-7 from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., every two hours.
If you will be arriving at a different date/time that will prevent you from using the shuttle service, transportation to Temple University Main Campus is still available at a cost.
Getting from Philadelphia Airport to Temple University
Students who register for FREE orientation housing will be staying at the Edge Village from the date of your arrival, January 6 or 7, to January 10, 2015. On January 10, students will move from the Edge Village to their permanent housing.
All Spring 2015 incoming students who reside at the Edge Village for the orientation will move in to their permanent on-campus housing on Saturday, January 10, 2015 from 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
The Edge Village
1601 N. 15th Street
Philadelphia , PA 19121
All incoming freshmen and transfer students must complete (unless exempt) English and Math Placement Testing before they arrive at Temple University. Both tests can be taken online. The link for the online Placement Testing and New Student Questionnaire (NSQ) system will be emailed to you after you have submitted your deposit. The purpose of the Placement Testing is to determine your level in the first year writing course and math course. The test must be taken without assistance from others and whatever the score, it will not affect your admission.