New International Student Registration
January 17-20, 2014
All Freshman and Transfer international students are required to attend the New International Student Orientation. Due to unforeseen circumstances, if students cannot attend orientation during January 17-20, please contact Brisilda Doma.
- Mandatory immigration check-in (bring Passport, Form I-20 and Form I-94)
- Required meeting with academic advisor for course selection
- University orientation
- Essential immigration information
- Health and safety
- Campus resources (library, writing center, tutoring)
- University life orientation (student organizations, recreational activities)
- Learn how to cross cultures successfully/adapt to the American student lifestyle
Explore Philadelphia Activities
- Shopping trips
- Escorted group dinners
- Register for free airport pick-up (from Philadelphia International Airport/PHL) for all incoming students on January 15-16 from 8:00 am – 8:00 pm, every two hours.
All Spring 2014 incoming students will move-in to their permanent on campus housing on Sunday, January 19, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.Students who register for FREE orientation housing will be staying at the Edge Student Village (www.edgeavenorth.com) from January 15-19, 2014. On January 19, students will move from the Edge Student Village to their permanent housing.
All incoming freshman students must complete English and Math Placement Testing before they arrive at Temple University. Both tests can be taken online. The link for the online Placement Testing and New Student Questionnaire (NSQ) system will be emailed to you after you have submitted your deposit. The purpose of the Placement Testing is to determine your level in the first year writing course and math course. The test must be taken without assistance from others and whatever the score, it will not affect your admission.