Returning to Temple after a Leave of Absence
- You need to contact your original department about readmission. ISSS cannot issue an I-20 until the office has confirmation from your original department that you are able to resume the full-time degree seeking program.
- Apply for a new I-20. If you notified ISSS that you were leaving the U.S., the office ended your previous SEVIS Record. This means that you need to apply for a new I-20 and probably a new visa. If you were outside of the U.S. for more than five months your visa is no longer valid even if it has not yet expired. Contact ISSS if you were outside of the U.S. for fewer than five months.
- When applying for a new I-20, you will need to provide the ISSS with updated financial documentation.
- When ISSS sends you the I-20, you will be required to pay the SEVIS Fee again.
- Apply for a new entry visa and/or contact your local U.S. Embassy or Consulate for details.
- Re-enter the U.S.
- As soon as you re-enter the U.S., you must check in with ISSS as the office will need copies of your documents and will need to register your SEVIS record.
- Since you will be re-entering the U.S. with an "initial" I-20, you are not allowed to be employed off-campus until you have maintained student status for one academic year.