SEVIS Transfer Students
How to Transfer Immigration Sponsorship to Temple University
Students who are currently studying in the U.S. in non-immigrant student status must have their SEVIS record transferred from their current school to Temple University. SEVIS records cannot be transferred to Temple University until students are officially admitted into the university.
All admissions related questions and materials (test scores, transcripts, etc.) should be sent directly to the appropriate admissions office.
For application status information, students will need their AccessNet username and password issued by Temple University. For questions about password issuance, students should call the Temple University Help Desk at 215-204-8000. During the semester, the Help Desk is open 24 hours a day. If a representative cannot be reached, students should leave the following information on voicemail: 1) Telephone number (country code/number), 2) Time difference, 3) Best time to reach caller.
Transfer of a SEVIS Record
Steps for F-1 Visa Holders:
- Once you hear you are officially admitted into Temple University, tell the International Student Advisor at your current school that you are transferring to Temple University. S/he will then release your SEVIS record to Temple University.
- Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (215-204-6166) a copy of your current I-20 and I-94 card to ISSS. Include your Temple University ID number along with an indication of the SEVIS release date if possible. ISSS is required to promptly report school transfers to the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS).
- The I-20 from Temple University will only be issued upon reaching the release date specified by your current school.
- Your I-20 will be mailed to you once ISSS has a completed application and the release date has passed.
- When you arrive at Temple University, it is required that you check-in with International Student and Scholar Services first. Please bring your passport and your I-94 (the white card in your passport) with you. You will then be asked to complete a form that will enable you to register for classes.
- You must have completed an immigration transfer to Temple University within 15 days of the beginning of the term. Failure to report to ISSS by the stated deadline violates your F-1 (student) immigration status and terminates your legal status in the United States.