Financial Aid Resources
Any questions regarding the need for Temple University assistantships should be addressed to the department. There is no financial aid available directly from Temple University.
As an international student on a non-immigrant visa, you are not eligible for U.S. government-funded financial aid such as PELL grants, PHEAA loans or work study employment. Please visit the US Department of Education for further information.
- International Student and Scholar Services is usually allocated a small amount of funds to be distributed to international students who have been studying at Temple University for at least one academic year and who can demonstrate an unexpected loss of funding due to extenuation circumstance. Details regarding the application deadlines are posted to tu-intl, our electronic listserv. You should make sure you're subscribed so you receive the information.
- Information about University-wide, non-departmental assistantships can be found at http://www.temple.edu/provost/careercenter/Students/resources/index.htm. If you are interested in receiving an assistantship, please visit the page. Write down the names of the contact person listed on the web page and contact them by telephone or e-mail to determine whether they assistantship is still available in their department.
The following resources are available to current students:
- Graduate students can try to obtain non-departmental assistantships at http://www.temple.edu/cares
- Undergraduate students can try to talk to their academic advisors about the possibility to be nominated for one of many available financial aid awards (e.g. Cosby Award).
- Visit the office of Student Financial Services.
- Additional Scholarship information is available at Scholarships for International Students
Additional Information on financial aid is available at
International Student and Scholar Services has compiled the following information in order to assist you in your search for financial aid. We have provided you with a list of organizations that provide financial aid and the respective field of study for which the aid is provided. If you need more information about the financial aid (application deadlines, etc.) and there is not a web site or e-mail address listed, please write to them or call them.
All of the information our office has on the source of financial aid is posted below.
Best of luck in your search for financial aid. If you have been in the United States in valid non-immigrant status for nine months or more, you may be eligible for work off campus. Please read the information about Employment Based on Economic Necessity.
Remember that you may not work off-campus unless you first receive written authorization.
|Name||Area of Study||Contact Information|
|Health Science||West Wood Bldg #240
National Institute Of Health
Bethesda, MD 20892
|Women only||1111 16th St. NW
Washington, DC 20037
Notes: This award is a fellowship for international WOMEN that are pursuing a degree In the United States and has the intention to return to her country to purse a Professional career.
|American Council Of Learned Societies||
East European Language Training
|228 E 45th Street
New York, NY 10017-3398
|American Institute of Indian Studies Fellowship Competition||Open to all||1130 East 59th Street
Chicago, IL 60637
Attention: Deadline for this fellowship is July 1, 2009
|American Institute Of Maghrib Studies||
Center For International Studies
|American Philosophical Society||Philosophy||Independence Mall East
104 S. 5th Street
Phila, PA 19106-3387
|The Center for Hellenic Studies||3100 Whitehaven Street
Washington, DC 20008
|Institute of Food Technologist||Food Science||525 W. Van Buren,
Chicago, IL 60607
Open to all
|Kosciuszko Foundation||Polish||15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
|P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Fund||Women only||3700 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50312
|The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation||Art Major||818 Connecticut Ave. N.W., Suite 600
Washington, D.C. 20006
Phone: 202-628-2800 or
|The Geological Society of America, Inc.||Geology majors||P.O. Box 9140
Boulder, CO 80301-9140
|The National Academies||Science, Engineering and Medicine||
500 Fifth St. N.W.,