Please note that ISSS does not determine job titles (paid/unpaid) or salaries. We are the final stage in facilitating the appropriate visa classification once the department has determined these factors and a prospective employee has been identified. Appointing a foreign national to a position at Temple University can be accomplished only if both federal regulations and the University's own policies permit it. If a foreign national is eligible to be appointed to a specific position at Temple, the University will serve as "non-immigrant visa sponsor" and will issue forms, file petitions with the USCIS, or submit other documents and applications as appropriate to the visa type being arranged. Read more information about various non-immigrant employment classifications. Once a position/title has been established, departments should contact (ISSS). Having the answers to the following questions will facilitate the immigration process:
- Is Foreign National currently in the United States? If yes, is Foreign National already employed by Temple University? If so, what is the foreign national's current job title?
- Type of position you wish to offer? If Faculty, is it a Tenure Track position?
- Minimum Degree Requirement for position?
- Minimum number of years of experience required?
- Term of initial Temple appointment?
- Expected starting date of appointment?
- Foreign national's country of citizenship?
- Has the potential employee applied for Permanent Residence (Green card)?
- Does the foreign national plan to travel abroad at any time in the near future? (This will affect both visa timing and procedure)
Contact Nina Campellone regarding Post Doctoral Fellows and Visiting Research Scholars.
Contact Faculty Affairs for information on hiring Faculty.
Contact your Department's HR Generalist to invite/appoint/hire anyone not listed above.
Joan McGinley is the ISSS Contact for these departments:
- College of Science and Technology
- Center for the Performing and Cinematic Arts
- School of Environmental Design
- University Libraries
- Student Affairs
Sharon Loughran is the ISSS Contact for these departments:
- Beasley School of Law
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Public Health
- Computer Services
- Fox School of Business
- Institution Advancement
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice President for Research
- School of Dentistry
- School of Media and Communication
- School of Medicine
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Podiatry
- School of Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Tyler School of Art
Contact Martyn Miller for assistance with J-1 Scholars coming to the Confucius Institute and O-1 Workers
If you cannot find what you are looking for on this web site, please feel free to contact our office at (215) 204-7708.