Temple University is pleased to welcome international scholars and employees to the city of Philadelphia and Temple's campus. Temple University is very proud of its long tradition of involvement in fostering international education. The current faculty, staff, and students are always eager to have new faces and perspectives added to the foundation of the institution.
International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) at Temple is available to assist Temple University-sponsored international scholars and employees with immigration matters as they prepare to arrive in the United States. ISSS encourages visitors to peruse the ISSS website for information about Temple, Philadelphia, the ISSS office and immigration requirements.
Departments should contact Karen Ward in HR for all matters regarding employment at Temple while on STEM OPT as well as TU-Sponsorship for Permanent Residence (Green cards).
- Guide to the Non-Immigrant Application Process
- B-1/WB Tourist for Business
- Immigration Options for F-1 Students For Continued Employment At Temple After Optional Practical Training
- Sponsoring J-1 Scholars
- Sponsoring J-1 Student Interns
- Sponsoring H-1B Temporary Employees
- Sponsoring E-3 Australian Specialty Workers
- Sponsoring TN Workers (Mexican & Canadian Nationals Only)
- Sponsoring O-1 Workers of Extraordinary Ability or Achievement
- Guidebook for Inviting J-1 Exchange Visitors
- Guidebook for Sponsoring H-1B Temporary Workers
Presentations From 12/3/14 Training:
- H-1B Temporary Employees
- J-1 Scholars
- F-1 and J-1 Student On Campus Employment
- F-1 Optional Practical Training (OPT)
- E-3 and TN Temporary Workers
- Hiring Internationals
- Payroll Process for International Employees
- O-1 Extraordinary Ability or Achievement
Contact Martyn Miller for assistance with J-1 Scholars coming to the Confucius Institute and O-1 Workers