Institutional Biosafety- Links
Office of Biological Activities: Recombinant DNA and Gene Transfer
Division of NIH providing information about NIH Guidelines, IBC roles & responsibilities, and the Recombinant DNA Advisory Committee (RAC).
- Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (BMBL)
CDC/NIH web site provides information on the appropriate practices & equipment used to work safely in a Biosafety Levels 1-4 laboratory.
- American Biological Safety Association (ABSA) Risk Group Classification for Infectious Agents
International risk group classifications for bacteria, viruses, fungi, & parasites. Aids in risk assessment and biosafety level determination in laboratory settings.
- Primary Containment for Biohazards: Selection, Installation & Use of Biological Safety Cabinets
CDC/NIH publication providing biological safety cabinet information.
- United States Department of Health and Human Services
- NIH & Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) US Department of Health and Human Services
Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories
- List of Select Agents