Committees and Taskforces
The Division of Student Affairs has created working groups to address pertinent issues in a timely and efficient manner. A call for working group suggestions is made at the start of each semester. Proposals are carefully considered for timeliness and connections to the Academic Strategic Compass and the Division's mission, vision, and values. Each working group is to address its respective charge and recommend specific divisional initiatives, programs, activities and/or services for its attainment.
For fall 2012 the Division of Student Affairs is sponsoring two Division-wide working groups. Partners external to the Division have been invited to participate on each working group as appropriate.
- Andrea Caporale Seiss, Associate Dean of Students, Dean of Students' Office
- Kevin Williams, Director, Residential Life, Office of University Housing and Residential Life
- Identify current programming and services designed for parents and families
- Explore the needs of parents and families
- Recommend the elements to provide a comprehensive experience for the parents and families of Temple students
Web Communications Task Force
- Gina D'Annunzio, Director, Student Activities
- Sean P. Killion, Associate Director, University Housing & Residential Life
- As Division of Student Affairs professionals, we will strive to enhance our communication with students based upon their usage and integration with constantly evolving technology.
We will ensure this by:
- Effectively using departmental and DOSA websites
- Developing and adhering to a social media strategy
- Aligning with university web systems and collaborating with responsible university departments
- Educating each other on best practices in web communication
- Recommending third party vendors for videographer, design, and online communication for departments within DOSA and creating synergies and opportunities for improvement with resource limitations in mind