Conversation Partners Program
We provide opportunities for English language learners to practice speaking and listening in English. Meet one-on-one with a Conversation Partner to practice conversation, build English vocabulary, and learn cultural expressions.
Conversation Partners can meet with you to do any of the following:
- Discuss specific questions about grammar and vocabulary
- Learn new phrases about social life, Philadelphia culture, slang, etc.
- Practice a presentation or interview
Check our events page for details about other activities available for Conversation Partners.
How to make an appointment
We accept walk-ins and appointments for Conversation Partners.
- Stop by at any time the Writing Center is open (8:30-8:30 Monday to Thursday, 8:30-4:30 Friday; 10-4 Saturday)
- Sessions are 25 minutes long
- First come, first served
- Schedule your appointment online at least one day in advance
- Sessions are 45-50 minutes long